Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sickie sickie...

Last night on the way to dinner I started feeling a little sore throat... fortunately it didn't stop me from consuming a lovely quantity of salmon and escolar sushi, but it definitely made me unhappy as the evening went on.

I did have a great time though-- my ubertalented girlfriend Maggie asked me to shoot some pictures for her upcoming album. I always enjoy her stage presence and her sound so I was delighted to assist, and she had a great show at the Cactus Cafe. Mitch and my buddy Lawrence came too, as moral support. Here's Lawrence showing off his iphone which contains all Maggie's albums to date.



Until she decides which pictures she wants for her album, I can't share more, sorry. But just know she looks awesome and sounds even better. If you live here in Austin keep an eye out for her next show. Think Fiona Apple-y, hmm... maybe more Norah Jones-y...

Got home and went straight to bed with a pot of tea and a good book. (I'm reading "Spy Dust" on recommendation of Mark, a really nice nonfiction look at intelligence gathering in the modern era.) Unfortunately, woke up at 5am (as usual) with a worse sore throat, so I'm having to bail on training today. Why share when you can keep something like a cold all to yourself.

It's not stopping me from watching the UFC tonight though.

1 comment:

Neurótico en Polanco said...

Try 10,000 IU of Vitamin D-3 for a week or so; afterwards try 5,000 on a daily basis. Every month or so I would miss a couple of training days bec. of sore throat until I started supplementing with Vitamin D. Check the Vitamin D Council webpage http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/
Hope it helps!