Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Donate your old gi to a worthy cause...

Found this today, via JiuJitsuMap's blog, from the WestSideAcademy website Tap or Die. Here's what West Side wants....

"Today is the first day of West Side Academy’s High School Jiu-Jitsu Program and I’m going to ask you for a favor. It’s not money. The program is free (twice a week for a year) to 30 High School students, most of the thirty cannot afford gis. Once the program gets going we are going to look for sponsorships from gi companies to help us outfit the group, but today we only have a handful of used gis and we are looking for as many gis as we can get. The kids do not care about holes or blood stains; they just want to train in a gi of their own.

So, if you have a gi you’ve out grown, don’t use, or could stand to part with, we’ll take it.

Basically, this is what we need:
Anyone with a jiu-jitsu or judo gi they are willing to donate to West Side’s High School Jiu-Jitsu Program you can bring it to or send it to:

High School Jiu Jitsu
c/o mark Johnson
1750 Lake St.
Ogden UT 84401

Or bring it by the gym:

West Side Jiu-Jitsu Academy
2238 Washington Blvd
Ogden UT 84401

Thanks for your help.

Good training and a happy life.

Mark Johnson
West Side Jiu-Jitsu Academy
2238 Washington Blvd
Ogden UT 84401
westsidejiujitsu.com
(801) 920-6500"

Do it.

5 comments:

SkinnyD said...

Hey, that's in my neck of the woods. I'll have to see what I can do to spread the word. I just gave my old gi away about a month ago to my bro-in-law, if I'd have known about this I would have sent it here. Thanks for posting.

Jason (JiuJitsuMap.com) said...

Thank you for the help, Georgette.

Jason (JiuJitsuMap.com) said...

Georgette asked if they had any girls. Mark replied with 7, so far.

Georgette said...

I'll be sending at LEAST one gi :)

Steve said...

I've got several! What a great idea.