Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Make it snappy.

I hate how stuff seems to pile up all at once.  I promised to finish the whole pile as it then existed over Christmas break, but failed (was delighted to spend time with family, so I'm not really wishing I'd have prioritized any differently.)  So yes I still have reviews to do.  Tatami gi, B12 instructional, Emily Kwok's Bigger Stronger Opponent instructional, Drysdale's new nogi instructional.  I know.

But work is ... yes, nutty busy.  Deadlines abound.  Not training much at all lately-- had a minor abdominal surgery at the beginning of the month in the pursuit of a homegrown baby, so I'm just working out at the "regular" gym for the moment.  Did attend the quality Womens Grapple Camp last weekend in San Antonio, though.  I didn't think I'd roll at all but woops, I forgot, and so I rolled.  A lot.  None of my stitches bust loose so it was win-win.

Aside from working and still teaching kids' class and working out and cooking more and watching Downton Abbey on Sunday nights, yep.. that's about it. 

I am very excited that a new jiu jitsu school is opening officially tomorrow night.  I hope I'll be happy there, and I hope I'll find my passion for jiu jitsu again.  A moderate passion (can't do seven days a week for the foreseeable future) but passion nonetheless.  I was starting to feel like class was a chore.  That's no good.  Change... is good.

Thanks for sticking with me despite my slow posting habits these days. 

2 comments:

Liam H Wandi said...

yay for babies and passion :)

Brendan said...

Can't wait to hear more about the Drysdale instructional!