Friday, October 11, 2013

Update on Maldonado/Shultz rape trial...

I don't have any hard news or quotable sources, but....

I'm told by friends, who have friends either in attendance or with connections to people in attendance (yes, quite the attenuated chain there) that :

-- trial was held Monday-Thursday of this week, is in recess for the 3-day weekend, and will resume on Tuesday

-- I hear that the jury watched and heard the video from Maldonado's cell phone, as well as the surveillance footage from the garage camera...

-- I hear the survivor will testify, possibly on Tuesday

-- to me this means that IF the defense wants to present any evidence in their defense (which, under the Constitution, is not required and they are presumed to be innocent unless the State overcomes this with evidence of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt) it would happen possibly as early as next Tuesday, and perhaps the guilt-innocence trial will be finished next week?

I'll try to get better sources/quotable professional journalism next week!  Sorry!

1 comment:

SavageKitsune said...

Hang 'em high.